Establishing Buddha statue program in Hague (Video)
Posted by Ram Kumar Shrestha on July 5, 2013
A Buddha Idol is placed at the Peace Palace, the Headquarters of International Court of Justice (ICJ) in Hague, the Netherlands. Although international icons and historical sculpture, including Statue of Liberty have been kept in ICJ headquarters, the idol of the lLght of Peace was missing. Mr Surendra Shrestha, Coordinator of Lumbini Kapilvastu Day Movement (LKDM), UK and Adviser Non-Resident Nepalese (NRN), UK had raised the issue and The International workshop on “Lumbini Development : The Possibilities and Challenges” organized by Third LKDM, Dec 1, 2011, Kathmandu, proposed Nepal Government to carry this important job. Government of Nepal fulfilled the responsibilities thought its Embassy at Belgium. NRNA Provided the Idol and at a grand inaugural function it was placed at the court on June 24, 2013.
Credits goes to :
1. Mr Surendra Shrestha (Coordinator, Lumbini Kapilavastu Day Movement, [LKDM], UK), who initiated the issue.
2. Dr. Kavitaram Shrestha (Adviser : LKDM, Global Committee; Adviser : NRNA Promotion of Nepal Task Force), who incorporated the issue in the 3rd LKDM International Workshop and coordinated the catalytic activities in Nepal.
3. Mr. Ram Kumar Shrestha, (Coordinator, LKDM Global Committee; Adviser: International Committee for Lumbini Promotion, A joint Committee of NRNA and Lumbini Kapilavastu Day Movement), who played an important advisory roles for it.
4. Mr. Jeeva Lamichhane, (NRNA; President of NRNA), who arranged the Idol from NRNA, and represented NRNA at the inaugural function.
5. Mr. Damodar P Acharya, (Adviser : LKDM. Europe), who represented LKDM at the inaugural function.
6. Mr. Santosh Neupane : (Europe Reporter, Ujyaalo FM 90 Network; Coordinator : LKDM, Belgium) who represented the LKDM and coordinated the media works for LKDM at the inaugural function.
Special Thanks goes to :
1 Mr. Pushpakamal Dahal, (The Chairman of the Brihat Lumbini Nirdeshak Samitee, Government of Nepal), who patron-ed the whole procedure at the bureaucracy of Nepal Government.
2. Mr. Keshab Nepal, (Member of Sambidhan Sabha), who guided the whole procedure at the bureaucracy of Nepal Government.
3. Mr. Sameer Dahal, (Personal Secretary of Mr. Pushpakamal Dahal, The Chairman of the Brihat Lumbini Nirdeshak Samitee, Government of Nepal), who facilitated the procedure at the bureaucracy of Nepal Government.
4. Mr. Ram Mani Pokharel, (Nepalese Ambassador, Belgium), who coordinated the whole process to install the Idol in Peace Palace.